When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
Learnnn is a product of the non-profit organization GlobalRize. GlobalRize is responsible for processing your data on Learnnn.
Information Learnnn collects
Your account information
We store information you enter when registering, e.g. name, gender, and email address.
The time and duration of your visit, referrer information (the web page you came from), browser version and language, your IP address, and location information may be stored. Your location is determined based on your IP address.
We collect information about your activity in our service. The activity information we collect may include:
- Courses you start
- Course lessons and pages you start and finish
- Answers you enter in response to course questions
- Messages you send via Learnnn
- Courses you share and with whom
- Donations you make
- Content you enter, e.g. when adding your own course
We use various technologies to collect and store information, including cookies, pixel tags, local storage, such as browser web storage or application data caches, databases, and server logs.
Why Learnnn collects data
We use the data we collect through your use of the services to:
- Provide and administer the services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users
- Communicate with you about your account
- Manage your account preferences
- Facilitate the services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the services, and preventing fraud and abuse
- Solicit feedback from users
- Analyze trends, traffic, and usage data
Your privacy controls
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the services.
Your choices about the use of your data
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive or by changing the notification settings in your account. Note that regardless of your notification settings, we might send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the services, including administrative confirmations, important updates about the services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared.
- To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site.
- To opt out of allowing Google Analytics or Facebook Analytics, see the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on or use the 'Clear History' function on Facebook.
Exporting, objecting & deleting your information
You have the right to:
- ask for an export of the data associated with your account.
- object to our processing of your data.
- delete your data on the Profile settings page.
Your data is stored until you choose to delete it as described above.
Sharing your information
We share certain data about you with mentors, other students, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, your social media providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
- With your mentors: We share data that we have about you (except your email address) with mentors or teaching assistants for courses you enroll in or request information about, so they can improve their courses for you and other students. This data may include things like your city, country, browser language, operating system, device settings, the site that brought you to Learnnn, and your activities on Learnnn. If we collect additional data about you (like age or gender), we may share that too. We will not share your email address with mentors or teaching assistants. We also enable our mentors to implement Google Analytics on their course pages to track sources of traffic to their courses and optimize their course pages.
- With other students and mentors: Depending on your settings, your shared content and profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other students and mentors. If you ask a question to a mentor, your information (including your name) may also be publicly viewable by other users depending on your settings.
- With service providers, contractors, and agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
- With business partners: We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to Learnnn. Depending on your location, we may share your data with these partners.
- With analytics and data enrichment services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics and data enrichment services, we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
- To administer promotions and surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law (like to provide a winners list or make required filings), or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
- For advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you. To learn more or opt out from participating ad networks’ behavioral advertising, see Section 6.1 (Your Choices About the Use of Your Data) below. Note that if you opt out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads.
- For security and legal compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Permitted or required by law;
- Requested as part of a judicial, governmental, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding;
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid subpoena, warrant, or other legally-valid request;
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law (or rule or regulation), or security or technical issues; or
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property, or safety of Learnnn, our users, employees, members of the public, or our Services.
- During a change in control: If Learnnn undergoes a business transaction like a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture, or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or some of its assets, we may share, disclose, or transfer all of your data to the successor organization during such transition or in contemplation of a transition (including during due diligence).
- After aggregation/de-identification: we can disclose or use aggregate or de-identified data for any purpose.
Keeping your information secure
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
Learnnn takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and Learnnn, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
Updates & contact info
Changes to this policy
Learnnn Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed onto your computer or device as you browse the Internet. Cookies can be used to collect, store and share bits of information about your activities across websites and services, including on Learnnn. They also allow us to remember things about your visit to Learnnn, such as your preferred language and other choices/settings and generally make the site easier for you to use.
Learnnn uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to Learnnn. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using Learnnn. We use these cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, such as when you log into Learnnn. A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time. For example, we would use a persistent cookie if you asked that we keep you signed in.
Authentication and security:
- To log you into Learnnn;
- To protect your security; and
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate Learnnn’s agreements and terms.
For example, these technologies help authenticate your access to Learnnn and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences; and
- To remember your settings and other choices you have made.
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country that you are in. We can then provide you with content in your preferred language without having to ask you each time you visit Learnnn.
Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use Learnnn.
For example, cookies help us test different versions of Learnnn to see which particular features or content users prefer. We may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether the message has been opened and for other analytics. We might also optimize and improve your experience on Learnnn by using cookies to see how you interact with Learnnn, such as when and how often you use them and what links you click on.
We don’t release the information collected from our own cookies to any third parties, other than to our service providers who assist us in these activities.
- To customize Learnnn with more relevant content.
- To provide you with more relevant advertising.
For more information about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit youronlinechoices.eu or allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies. Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into Learnnn, you may still receive advertising content even if you opt-out of tailored advertising. In that case, the advertising content will just not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links and are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
When accessing Learnnn from a mobile application, you may also receive tailored in-application advertisements. Each operating system, such as iOS and Android, provides its own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. You may review the support materials and/or the privacy settings for the respective operating systems in order to opt-out of tailored in-application advertisements. For any other devices and/or operating systems, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or operating system or contact the applicable platform operator.
What are my privacy options?
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of Learnnn.
- For general information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit allaboutcookies.org.
Changes to this Policy
We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on Learnnn with a new effective date. If we make a material change to this Policy, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in advance of the planned change.
Dated: May 24, 2018